Seven suspects are expected to appear in the Verulam Magistrate’s Court, north of Durban on Monday, in connection with some of the murders that allegedly took place in Phoenix during the recent unrest in KwaZulu-Natal.
According to police, eight people have been arrested in connection with the killings.
One of the suspects has already appeared in court and his case has been remanded to August 16.
Police spokesperson Colonel Brenda Muridili says the seven who will be appearing in court on Monday also face a number of other charges.
“The other seven suspects are expected to appear before court. Some of these suspects are allegedly connected to more than one murder case while others will face charges relating to attempted murder, malicious damage to property, and defeating the ends of justice,” says Muridili.
Meanwhile, the family of a 15-year-old boy who was allegedly killed by a stray bullet during the recent unrest in KwaZulu-Natal is struggling to come to terms with his death.
Last week Tuesday, Thulasizwe Nzimande was lying on his bed when a bullet penetrated the roof of his home in Phoenix, hitting him in the head.
He died at Addington Hospital in Durban the following day.
Family of 15-year-old Phoenix boy allegedly killed by a stray bullet overcome by grief:
The post Suspects linked to Phoenix killings to appear in court on Monday appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa’s news leader..
Read more here:: Latest South Africa News